Saturday, May 4, 2013

Making Your Own Art Journal







Hi All,
When I took my first online art class from mixed media artist Traci Bautista I became intrigued with the idea of making and binding my own art journal. There are loads of how to videos out there on youtube for how to make signatures..... bind them to the covers...and such......Here are some of my favorites...

(look at her series on making a journal from an old book)



(she has loads of videos on recycled art journaling)

Anyway my first venture into this came when I took my first class with Traci....I made this large art journal.....it is big...the cover measures about 16 x 20!
The album is made up.... by at least half in reused stuff. Old packing paper.....file folders....old
brown craft paper.....big pieces of cardboard from a shipping box in between the layers of fabric on the front and back.....even the binding was done with leftover bits of yarn and ribbon...







I am on a new mission to finally finish this album....this month....before my next open studio.....without buying anything
else and using only what is at hand.....finishing it in the doodling, graffiti, collage art style I started it in....

I will post the finished pages as I get them done.....and try to include more links to pages or videos I like that might help you start making your own journals instead of buying them...

Enjoy!

2 comments:

TOOD MILLER said...

You did your best to make it look more good. Keep it up dear:)
Thank you by Digitizing

newtechlife said...

Casual Cool: Discover how to rock a laid-back vibe with sneakers and flare jeans, perfect for running errands or meeting friends for coffee. Comfort meets style effortlessly!
regards:FLARE JEANS FOR TEENS